Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited 2022 Jobs Recruitment Notification. BSNL inviting applications for the positions of Full Time Young Legal Professionals. Interested and Eligible candidates can apply for the positions. Last Date for Submission of Application is on 09th February, 2022.
No.of Posts and Vacancies :-
- Full Time Young Legal Professionals – 02 Posts
- Job Location – New Delhi
Education Qualification :
On line Applications, in prescribed format are invited for engagement of Fulltime Young Legal Professionals on in Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited, Corporate Office, New Delhi (on fixed short term contract basis), as per details given below: –
- Post Name: Fulltime Young Legal Professionals in Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) Corporate Office, New Delhi (on fixed short term contract basis).
- No. of Post: 02
- Place of Posting: Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited, Corporate Office (BSNL), New Delhi
- Period of fixed short-term Contract: The initial engagement shall be for 1 (one) year. Extension for the 2nd& 3rd year can be considered based on performance and need basis. The same will be with an annual increase of 5% after the 1st& 2nd year with approval of the Competent Authority of BSNL.
- Qualifications / Essential Criteria: Nationality: Only Indian Nationals shall be eligible to apply. Mandatory criteria The candidate should have graduated with LLB (either 3 years or 5 years integrated course). The institute should be approved by Bar Council of India (BCI). Minimum Marks: The candidate must have scored at least 60 per cent marks in aggregate in LLB. The candidate should have post qualification experience of three years.
- Desirable: Advantage shall be given to candidates completing their five-year integrated LLB course from any of the National Law Universities in India. Advantage shall be given to candidates with good PGCLAT 2021 Score
i. Post qualification Executive Experience of Three Years, preferably in Legal Division of Central Govt./PSU, State Govt./PSU, Registered Company/Law Firm engaged in the business of Advocates and Solicitors for more than 20 years.
ii. Possessing hands on experience in Drafting/Vetting/Execution of Legal Documents, Agreements, Contracts, MOUs etc. with legal due diligence. Must have core competence in areas of analyzing various legal/ commercial documents.
iii. In depth knowledge and expertise of applicable Corporate/Commercial legislations, Company Law, Consumer Protection Act, Security Laws including Merger/acquisition/Take-over Laws, Cyber Laws, IPR Legislations, Telecom regulatory and Licensing Laws/Rules including the Indian Telegraph Act, Conveyancing, Civil/Criminal matters, Administrative and Service Matters, Labour issues, Taxation issues, Arbitration matters both domestic and international, international laws and litigation and administrative and RTI Act.
iv. Net-savvy with good exposure and ability to work in the computerized environment.
- Nature of Duties of the Fulltime Young Legal Professionals: The job involves dealing with service-related matters as well as other legal aspects pertaining to BSNL like Arbitration, Service Matters, Contracts, TAXATION, | Company Law, NCLT, Rent dispute etc. Handling all day-to-day legal matters arising in connection with business of BSNL, | inter-alia, rendering legal advice, drafting and vetting of legal deeds and documents,| negotiation and finalization of various agreements, contracts, MoUs etc. Defending & appearing for BSNL’s legal cases in various Courts, Tribunals etc, as and when required.
a. They may also be required to brief the Senior Law Officers, Central Government Standing Counsels and Senior/Panel Advocates. Regular monitoring and follow up of specific legal issues entrusted to the Young Legal Professionals. Attend Court hearings and arbitration, liaise with lawyers and prepare legal briefs. Analyze legal issues and recommend course of action in the legal issues assigned to the Young Legal Professionals.
Age: The age of the Candidate shall not be more than 32 years on last date of receipt of online applications.
Application Fee: The registration fee of`500/- (Rupees Five Hundred only) shall be paid by the candidate through online mode.
- The initial engagement shall be for 1 (one) year. Extension for the 2nd& 3rd year can be considered based on performance and need basis. The same will be with an annual increase of 5% after the 1st& 2nd year with approval of the Competent Authority of BSNL.
- The Fulltime Young Legal Professionals engaged would not be permitted to take up any other assignment during the period of engagement with BSNL.
- The Young Legal Professionals, once engaged on contract, shall adhere to the office timings and shall abide by the work ethics and discipline norms as are applicable to BSNL employees.
- The engagement of Fulltime Legal Consultant is of a temporary nature. BSNL Corporate Office, New Delhi can cancel the engagement at any stage without providing any reason for it, either on 30 days’ notice period or immediately after paying Fee of 30 days.
- Fee entitlements of the Candidate: –
(I) The Young Legal Professionals shall be paid fixed monthly fee of Rs.75000/- per month. He /She shall not be entitled to any allowances such as conveyance allowances, dearness allowances, residential phone, transport facility, residential accommodation, medical reimbursement etc.
(II) The extension for the 2nd& 3rd year can be considered based on performance and need basis. The same will be with an annual increase of 5% after the 1st& 2nd year with approval of the Competent Authority of BSNL.
(III) The Fulltime Young Legal Professional shall be allowed to undertake domestic tours as required for their duties for which TA/DA and Hotel accommodation/BSNL IQ shall be paid as admissible to the Officers of the BSNL of SDE equivalent status and rank.
(IV) The Fulltime Young Legal Professional shall be entitled to Casual Leave of 12 days on prorate basis in a single year. The leave shall accrue on completed calendar monthly basis, calculated from the date of joining. Un-availed leave on tenure of single year shall not be carried forward to next tenure of one year. Additional leave, without pay would be permitted upon approval by the Reporting Officer.
- Conflict of Interest: The Fulltime Young Legal Professional shall be expected to follow all the rules and regulations of the Govt. of India & BSNL as applicable to its Officers. The engaged Fulltime Young Legal Professional will be expected to display utmost honesty, secrecy of office and sincerity while discharging duties. In case the services of the Legal Consultant are not found satisfactory or found in conflict with the interests of the Govt of India/BSNL, their services will be liable for discontinuation without assigning any reason and no correspondence in this regard shall be entertained.
- Disqualification/Termination Notice:
(I) BSNL can cancel the engagement of Fulltime Young Legal Professional at any time without providing any reason for it. However, in the normal course it will provide one month’s notice to the Consultant. The Consultant can also seek for termination of the Contract upon giving one month’s notice to BSNL.
(II) Violation of any of the instructions at any stage will make the candidate liable for disqualification of the candidature without assigning any reason thereof. The engaged candidates, if any, found to have violated the norms in respect of eligibility or false/misleading information etc. shall be terminated and no correspondence in this regard shall be entertained. Also, BSNL may debar such Fulltime Young Legal Professional from future engagement.
(III) If any declaration given or information furnished by the candidate proves to be false ‘or’ of the candidate is found to have wilfully suppressed any material information his/her contract with BSNL shall stand terminated forthwith without any notice, in addition to any other administrative and ‘or’ legal action as BSNL may deem fit.
(IV) Without prejudice and in addition to the Legal remedies available to BSNL, breach of contract shall be considered a sufficient ground for termination of the contract
- The candidature shall be considered on the basis of the information furnished by the candidates in the online registration form. All are, therefore, advised to ensure to fulfill all the eligibility conditions before applying. In case it is found at a later stage that the information furnished by an applicant is/are false/misleading or an applicant does not fulfill any of the eligibility conditions, the candidature of such applicants would be cancelled. Candidature Registration in BSNL will NOT confer any right for any engagement. Sought engagement will be solely subject to the fulfillment of all eligibility conditions.
- No request for withdrawal of Candidature/Refund of Fees received from a candidate will be entertained under any circumstances. Any dispute in regard to the engagement of Young Legal Professionals on fulltime basis in BSNL Corporate Office, New Delhi (on fixed short term contract basis) will be subject to the Courts/Tribunals having jurisdiction at New Delhi.
- Candidates in their interest are advised to refer to the BSNL website (www.bsnl.co.in) from time to time for any further instruction/information.
Selection Procedure :
- Evaluation of applications will be done as per the information/documents provided by the applicants during online registration.
- The applications, complete in all aspects, received from eligible candidates shall be placed before a Screening Committee. The Screening Committee will short-list the applications on the basis of criteria mentioned in the advertisement. The requisite no. of shortlisted candidates shall be called for interview/interaction before an evaluation committee constituted by BSNL.
- After the interview, a score card of the candidates, based on scores of Screening Committee and that of Evaluation Committee, shall be prepared. Accordingly, from the prepared list top 2 (two) candidates shall be informed/contacted for submission of their original documents etc. for verification to complete pre-engagement formalities.
- After completion of all the norms, selected candidates shall be got engaged in BSNL as per the terms & conditions agreed upon.
- A waitlist shall be prepared to fill in any unfilled posts. In case the selected candidate does not join or leaves the Organization during the contract period or for any reasons the post(s) need to be refilled, then BSNL shall operate the waiting list to fill in unfilled post(s).
- The appearance of the name in BSNL’s “Final Merit List” does/will not confer any right on the candidate for engagement. A final offer letter will be issued to the candidate after completion of all other formalities.
- BSNL reserves the right to change the number of posts vacancies as per requirement. Also BSNL reserves the right to select more candidates from the waitlist as per requirement
How to Apply :
- The online registration shall commence from 10-01-2022 and shall close on 09-02-2022. The registration fee of`500/- (Rupees Five Hundred only) shall be paid by the candidate through online mode.
- Registration forms complete in every respect must be submitted Online on or before the closing date. Candidates are advised to complete their registration process well before the last date to avoid last minute rush/unforeseen reasons while logging in to the website www.bsnl.co.in. BSNL shall not accept any responsibility of the candidates for not being able to submit their application within the due date on account of aforesaid reasons or any other reasons.
- The candidature shall be considered on the basis of the information furnished by the candidates in the registration form. All are, therefore, advised to ensure to fulfil all the eligibility conditions before applying. In case it is found at a later stage that the information furnished by an applicant is false/misleading or an applicant does not fulfil any of the eligibility conditions, the candidature of such applicants shall be cancelled and no correspondence in this regard shall be entertained.
- Candidature Registration in BSNL will not confer any right for any engagement. The engagement shall be solely subject to fulfilment of all eligibility conditions. No request for withdrawal of candidature shall be entertained under any circumstances.